How Sefaira plugins work
Download the plugin here. The plugin is installed locally. The plugin calls domains such as massing-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com
Download the plugin here. The plugin is installed locally. The plugin calls domains such as massing-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com. The browser uses a client which may not pick up proxy settings that you edit.
How to setup on your network
Ports 80 and 443 need access to:
maps.sefaira.com: loads site/location information.
netdna.bootstrapcdn.com: used to load special icons used throughout the plugin.
massing-uploads.s3.amazonaws.: allows uploads to our massing repository
support.sefaira.com: access to our knowledge base
This is the list without the descriptions for easy copy and pasting:
General Proxy info
This workaround is for using a proxy. Search for "Internet Options". Select the "Connections" tab. Click on the "LAN settings" button. That will bring up the proxy settings that Internet Explorer uses. If there is no proxy server set, like the attached screen capture, then you should not need the sfr.json workaround (see below). If it is populated, use that server URL e.g. http://proxy.url.com:80.
The proxy URL can be an IP address and port e.g. "https://192.168.0.1:432"
Proxy workaround (Revit);
Only required in rare cases. Please contact email@example.com if above issues do not resolve plugin issues.
Create a sfr.json file in the temp directory that had the session logs. In it, enter the proxy server information.
"TEST_MODE_URL": "<proxy server URL>"
Proxy workaround (Sketchup);
The SketchUp logfile is session.sefaira and it resides in the same directory as session.sefaira.sfr
The name of the SketchUp settings file is sfs_conf.json - To point SfS to a proxy server using sfs_conf.json, the contents of that file should be set as follows:
"server_host": "<proxy server URL>",
Some proxy servers may require using a port other than 80.
How to setup defaults for upload
1. Reset Internet Explorer settings
- in Internet Explorer click Tools -> Internet Options;
- click Delete, check cookies and website data, Delete;
- go to Advanced tab;
- click Restore advanced settings and Reset -> Apply and Ok;
- restart Internet explorer.
2. Check protocols:
- in Control Panel ->Programs ->Default Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with program;
- in the extension section;
- for .htm and .html make sure Internet explorer is the default;
- scroll down in protocols section;
- for HTTP and HTTPS make sure Internet explorer is the default.
3. Default pro:grams
- in Control Panel ->Programs ->Default Programs ->Set Default Programs;
- select Internet explorer and click set this program as default.
Make sure that Internet Explorer is up to date.
Share the Sefaira Log
Check session.sefaira.sfr from the sefaira temporary folder and share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or with the Customer Success representative for your company.