Typically used in offices and commercial type buildings. This system is similar to Packaged Rooftop Systems except that cooling source in the AHU units is always chilled water and heating source always hot water.
VAV system can be used to model CV system by turning the Minimum Turndown Ratio to be 1.
- VAV Box damper heating reaction: reverse
- No Baseboard heating
- Chilled Water Pump power: 21 W/gpm or 1.32 W/(L/s)
- Hot Water Pump power: 21 W/gpm or 1.32 W/(L/s)
- Condenser Water Pump power: 21 W/gpm or 1.32 W/(L/s)
- Cooling Tower Fan with VSD
- AHU Fan Power: 1.64 W/cfm or 0.778 W/(L/s)
- All pumps are VSD
- Night time operation: Cycle on any load
- No humidifier