Typically used in office buildings, hotels, high end residential buildings. Central Outdoor-Air Handling Unit provides 100% of Outside Air to the zone meaning all air that is going through the unit is only the Outside Air, there is no mixing with the return air. All exhaust air from the zones goes to the Heat Recovery unit where Outside Air that we are introducing to the building is preheated or precooled depending on the season.
If heat recovery effectiveness is zero that practically means that DOAS doesn’t have the heat recovery. If “Design Air Flow” for the “Central Outdoor-Air Handling Unit” is zero that practically means that there is no “Central Outdoor-Air Handling Unit”.
User decides on how much outside air will be supplied to the building. This is done via “Design Air Flow” slider.
- Chilled Water Pump power: 21 W/gpm or 1.32 W/(L/s)
- Hot Water Pump power: 21 W/gpm or 1.32 W/(L/s)
- Condenser Water Pump power: 21 W/gpm or 1.32 W/(L/s)
- Cooling Tower Fan with VSD
- Fan Coil Fan Power: 0.2 W/cfm or 0.095 W/(L/s)
- DOAS heat recovery type: Enthalpy
- DOAS Fan Power: 0.64 W/cfm or 0.3 W/(L/s)
- All pumps are VSD
- Night time operation: Cycle on any load