You have are designing a System that requires to keep the peak cooling load below 100W/m2 in each zone. The Sefaira web application can show you if the target has been reached and if not how to control the peak loads.
Step 1 - Create a project and set it up with a baseline system
Step 2 - Identify zones with a Peak Load above 100W/m2
- Click on the Peak Loads output tab
- Tick the box to mark zones with an "!" if they exceed the threshold
- That Threshold is default to 100W/m2, but you can change it to any value
- You can see here each floor has at least a zone that goes above 100W/m2.
- You can click on each floor to see the zone break down
Step 3 - Identify how to reduce the load
- You can now see which zone has a load above your threshold
- Click on a zone to see the load break down
- In this case I can see that the solar gain is driving my peak cooling load. I will try a shading strategy to reduce this one.
Step 4 - Create strategies to reduce the peak load
- Click on "Clone Concept" in the baseline scenario
- Now that you have created a clone of your baseline, you can click on it to open it. Feel free to now change some of the inputs to create your strategy. In this case I will try a shading strategy.
- Sefaira runs the simulation. I can go back to my peak loads and now see that none of the zones exceed 100W/m2.
To understand more about Zone Sizing outputs in Sefaira click here.
For any further queries please contact Sefaira Support at firstname.lastname@example.org