Our Archive CSVs are encoded in Unicode. Excel does not recognize this encoding when opening up a CSV file directly. Instead, you need to import the file and indicate the encoding you would like Excel to use.
Simply follow these steps:
- Create a blank worksheet
- Import the data using one of the following methods (depending on your version of Excel):
- Data > Get External Data
- Data > Import Data From Text
- File > Import, then choose “CSV file”
- Select the archive CSV file
- In the import Wizard, change the File Origin to “Unicode (UTF-8)” and be sure that Delimited is selected
- Change the Delimiter to comma (remove all other delimiter options)
- Select where to import to and click “Finish”
The units will then display correctly.
Also note that units will display correctly if the CSV file is opened in a text editor or as a spreadsheet in Google Documents.